For designing and developing the next-generation of meat products
- Responsible for designing and developing various consumer product concepts with cultured meat for sensory evaluation and overseeing further testing on product characteristics, food safety, and scalability
- Preparing a portfolio of hybrid cultivated meat products (plant-based ingredients combined with cultivated meat) to be initially launched in the Singaporean market together with the Singaporean team
- Working on product optimization, focusing on aroma, taste, color, texture, and nutritional profile
- Managing raw materials documentation and entering specification data in the raw materials database, including the implementation of the quality and food safety management system
- Leading sensory tasting activities, managing the cross-functional sensory panel, and utilizing the gathered data to generate hypotheses for product improvement
- Scoping for new analysis methodologies to test cultured meat, raw materials, and finished products, aiming to quantify insights and enhance the decision-making process. Lead its implementation including SOP’s, data collection and interpretation
- Reporting to the Food Science & Application Manager.
- Culinary background and/or educated in Food Science or a related field, with a strong understanding of raw materials functionalities and interactions
- Significant experience in new product development and processing technology for food products, preferably with meat, alternative proteins, or similar products, including building recipes from scratch
- A creative mindset coupled with a profound knowledge of ingredients and food application processes
- Familiarity with regulatory, food safety, and quality requirements within the food industry
- Fits with the culture and dynamics of a young, entrepreneurial and innovative company, with a dedicated team and many challenges
- Flexible for occasional business trips to Singapore
- To excel in this role, proactive communication, a hands-on approach with attention to detail are essential. A proven ability to independently initiate and drive projects, coupled with flexibility and adaptability to shifting priorities within a dynamic and rapidly growing organization are also crucial.
If you are interested in this position, please contact Harmen van Essen, telephone: +31 (0)317-468686 / +31 (0)6-47835354 or apply through our website www.dupp.nl or e-mail your written application to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Meatable selected DUPP for this vacancy as the only partner in the recruitment process.