Key management role in leading innovation in Europe
- Responsible as R&D Manager of the MU NL for building the local product innovation calendar, together with the commercial functions and insights, and to deliver the right balance of strategic and tactical new product initiatives
- Delivering the MU NL innovation agenda, working together with the Intersnack Group product development resources and sharing best practices
- Leading, coaching and developing a team of 5 senior/medior Product Developers and Technology Experts
- Responsible as Nuts/Peanut Butter Category R&D Leader for defining and executing the product category strategy guiding the product innovation direction, in close cooperation with the Marketing Category Leader
- Defining, developing and delivering local (NL) and Nuts/Peanut Butter (Intersnack) product innovation pipeline
- Regularly reviewing the R&D innovation strategy and continuously striving together for better and more profitable opportunities and initiatives
- Identifying and leading productivity and value engineering opportunities and projects
- Monitoring trends and developments in the market and in technology, shaping these into innovation strategy and providing guidance towards product development
- Reporting directly to the Group R&D Director and via a dotted line to the MU NL Managing Director.
- Bachelor’s or Master’s degree in Food Science, Food Engineering, Chemistry or similar
- Senior R&D management experience in an international FMCG business environment and familiar with product innovation of consumer branded and private label products
- Excellent people management and team development skills
- Strong project and change management skills; capable of managing multiple stakeholders at senior levels of the organisation internationally
- Ability to define and implement R&D / product innovation processes and support tools
- Good understanding of consumer drivers, behaviors, nutritional levels, product properties, trends as well as the competitive environment
- Used to work with project management tools and processes (Stage-Gate)
- Knowledgeable in packaging basics in terms of technologies and materials
- Comfortable working and travelling in an international business environment
- Excellent influencing, communication and presentation skills in English and preferably a good command of Dutch and German
- Personal skills: strong team manager, conceptual thinking, business acumen, creative, entrepreneurial mindset, convincing, team player and hands on.
If you are interested in this position, please contact Jakob Jan Verbraak, telephone: +31 (0)317-468686 / +31 (0)6-51820349 or apply through our website www.dupp.nl or e-mail your written application to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Intersnack Group selected DUPP – Food Executive Search for this vacancy as the only partner in the recruitment process.