Fonterra (Europe) Coöperatie U.A. Amsterdam
Fonterra ( www.fonterra.com ) is the world’s largest producer of dairy ingredients with the headquarters based in Auckland, New Zealand. Fonterra is a co-operative owned by around 9,000 New Zealand dairy farmers. Fonterra’s focus is on Active Living, Medical Nutrition and Infant Dairy and with this variety of products Fonterra reaches markets in China, Japan, Indonesia, America, Europe and more. The company drives around 30% of dairy exports globally. The Fonterra family is committed to the highest standards and the quality and safety systems are established from the start of the value chain, right through to the product reaching the consumers. A consistent risk-based food safety and quality framework sets out clear guidelines and expectations. Fonterra Europe is based in Amsterdam, with an international team of 90 employees working together, showcasing the Fonterra values with all customers and partners. Fonterra’s company culture is open and honest, with a positive and energetic atmosphere to drive the best results. Fonterra has a strong focus on supporting and developing their people. To strengthen the Fonterra Europe organisation, we are looking for an experienced and motivated Head of Food Safety, Quality and Regulatory, to maintain Fonterra’s high standards.
Inspiring people manager with strong leadership capabilities
- Responsible for leading and driving Food Safety, Quality and Regulatory strategic focusses and culture to ensure success of Fonterra’s strategic objectives
- Managing a team of professionals, 3 direct and 4 indirect reports, and supporting and further developing an inclusive and high performance culture
- Ensuring the Food Safety & Quality priorities and resources are aligned with business needs, working closely together with a.o. Manufacturing, Sales, Sourcing and Technical Departments
- Accountable for ensuring the quality of all locally sourced and manufactured products and for the compliance to food, HACCP and FSSC/ISO standards
- Developing regulatory strategy in the Europe region and establishing the framework for the provision of strategic advice and recommendations on legislative development in line with business requirements
- Building and maintaining critical relationships with key decision makers and stakeholders, both internally and externally
- Taking the lead in responsibility for all quality & food safety issues and ensuring crisis management when necessary
- Working closely together with Fonterra’s global network, including New Zealand and US
- Reporting to the Director Supply Chain and FSQR of Fonterra Europe.
- BSc or MSc degree in Food Science & Technology or similar
- Senior management experience in Quality Assurance, Food Safety and Regulatory Affairs in a comparable international business, preferably in food, feed or pharma
- Knowledge of various international food safety and quality systems
- Relevant project management experience, preferably in manufacturing
- Understanding of EU food regulatory environment
- Able to deal with and manage complexity, building strong relationships, striving for solutions and results
- Excellent influencing, stakeholder management and communication skills with fluency in English
- Comfortable working and travelling (up to 20%) in an international environment; possibility for hybrid working, max. two days/week from home office
- Personal skills: strategic vision, business acumen, customer focus, entrepreneurial, natural leader, decisiveness and team player.