Royal Zeelandia Group Zierikzee
Royal Zeelandia Group ( www.zeelandia.com ) is a global player in the bakery ingredients business, with 3,200 employees worldwide and its Headquarters located in Zierikzee, The Netherlands. Founded in 1900 by the Dutch family Doeleman, Zeelandia has more than 120 years of experience, with operations in over 30 countries and sales in about 100 countries. Together with their customers – industrial bakeries, small artisanal bakeries and midsized bakeries – they explore the world of bakery. In today’s society consumer trends and demands are ever changing. By thinking differently Zeelandia finds inventive ways to create bakery success with products and services tailored to local tastes and needs. Zeelandia has decided to bring Quality Assurance, Regulatory Affairs, Specification Management and Safety, Health, Environment (SHE) together into one department, called QESHR. In this way Zeelandia stimulates collaboration and improves cross-functional governance throughout the ‘One Zeelandia’ organization. To strengthen this department which is currently further developing, we are searching for an experienced and results driven Group Raw Material Specification Manager.
Ensuring one way of working and optimizing the economy of scale
- Responsible for establishing a specification management strategy and policy at group level; first for raw materials and later also for third-party products, packaging and non-food materials
- Managing and developing a team of 5 Specification & Food Safety Specialists, located both in Zierikzee and at international OpCo’s of Zeelandia
- Drafting and implementing plans to achieve standards at group and local level
- Setting up and maintaining a group food safety management system for raw materials
- Defining and developing the specification management & food safety procedures, guidelines and working instructions
- Developing and leading an internal network regarding country specification management and food safety activities together with the other members of the QESHR team
- Actively contributing and working on various QESHR projects like supplier risk management related activities
- Monitoring external developments regarding specification management and food safety of raw materials (e.g. working together with the Regulatory Affairs Manager to assure implementation of regulatory changes affecting specifications in scope)
- Managing the assessment of specifications, food safety risks and outcomes of risk quick scans including proposed actions on deviations
- Member of the Group QESHR Management Team, together with the Group Managers of Regulatory Affairs, QA and SHE; reporting to the Group QESHR Director.
- Bachelor‘s / Master’s degree in Food Technology, Nutrition, Chemistry or a similar educational background
- Senior and relevant management experience within Quality Assurance, Specification, Regulatory or R&D in the (international) food and/or food ingredients industry
- Actual knowledge and working experience with international food laws & regulations and with food safety aspects of ingredients, finished products and packaging materials
- Has the capability of creating and promoting a vision, translating this into realistically feasible plans to achieve widely supported results, bringing added value
- Able to deal with multiple priorities and conflicting interests in a changing environment
- Combines an IT affinity with a hands on mentality
- Comfortable working and traveling (10% of time) in an international business environment with many stakeholders and functional disciplines at both global and local level
- Excellent project management, influencing and communication skills, with a good command of English and preferably additional European languages
- Personal skills: leadership, well organised, convincing, self-starter, proactive, positive critical attitude, enthusiastic, taking decisions, acts with integrity and team player.
If you are interested in this position, please contact Jakob Jan Verbraak, telephone: +31 (0)317-468686 / +31 (0)6-51820349 or apply through our website www.dupp.nl or e-mail your written application to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Royal Zeelandia Group selected DUPP – Food Executive Search as only partner in this executive search process.