Monaghan Biosciences – Mbio Co. Monaghan
Contributing to make health and nutrition a natural part of daily life
- Responsible for fermentation and cell banking activities of a wide variety of microorganisms (bacteria, yeast and fungi)
- Developing of bacterial fermentation to support production of bio-enhancement products to drive the sustainability of mushroom production
- Contributing to the strategy for the development of next generation meat free using fermentation
- Developing of fungal fermentation to support production of ingredients and meat free applications
- Providing technical leadership in scaling up and optimisation of fermentation and related downstream processing
- Supporting the scoping and development of in house fermentation and downstream processing capabilities
- Managing commercial projects from conception to completion; managing key milestones for a number of research projects
- Training and supporting other team members
- Working closely with the colleagues of the dedicated and ambitious R&D team, reporting to the Fermentation Lead.
- MSc or PhD degree in Biotechnology, Food (Fermentation) Technology, Mycology or a similar relevant science area
- Relevant work and practical experience with microbial & fungal fermentation and downstream processing, preferably in an industrial biologics/biotech environment
- Technical expertise in product innovation and fermentation based programs; experience in the use of fermentation for the production of meat free products would be a great advantage
- Good interpersonal and presentation skills with a ‘can do’ entrepreneurial attitude
- Comfortable working in an international and entrepreneurial business setting
- Willing to relocate to Ireland; MBio provides a relocation package and support
- Personal skills: innovative, pro-active, well-organised, results driven, enthusiastic, hands on mentality and team player.
If you are interested in this position, please contact Jakob Jan Verbraak, telephone: +31 (0)317-468686 / +31 (0)6-51820349 or apply through our website www.dupp.nl or e-mail your written application to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Monaghan Biosciences (MBio) selected DUPP – Food Executive Search for this vacancy as the only partner in the recruitment process.