With strong leadership skills and relevant agrifood background
- Responsible for the strategy and execution of the sourcing and supply of potatoes, from farms to Dutch manufacturing sites
- Defining the potato contracting plan for the NL region, in alignment with the business and agriculture strategy for McCain Foods Continental Europe
- Leading a team with 3 Potato Managers and indirectly 50 employees, for sourcing potatoes, for agriculture services to farms and for securing the supply and quality to the Dutch factories
- Building long-term partnerships with potato growers based on value propositions
- Organising additional supply and flexibility with potato traders
- Monitoring and optimising total costs and benefits of sourcing, services and supply, including non-potato costs (like transports and overhead)
- Driving sustainability and the implementation of the regenerative agriculture agenda, with the support of the Agronomy department
- Driving innovation and the implementation of digital agricultural initiatives by adopting new technologies and world class agriculture practises
- Representing McCain Foods to external relations and associations (like VAVI, association for the potato processing industry)
- Reporting to the VP Agriculture and member of the Agriculture Leadership Team for McCain Foods Continental Europe.
- Master degree, for example in Agriculture or Economics
- Proven experience as manager/director in the sourcing and supply of agriculture raw materials in an international food business environment
- Strong leadership capabilities, with the drive and personality to achieve targets and lead people consistent with the McCain Foods core values
- Relevant knowledge and experience about potato markets or comparable agricultural sources and supply chains
- Good understanding of the total supply chain process dynamics, from agriculture origin towards production and delivery of the right quality consumer food products
- Strong commercial/negotiation skills to achieve sustainable competitive advantage by closing the right contracts and deals
- Comfortable working and travelling in an international organisation; home base preferably close to one of the factory locations (around Lelystad or Lewedorp)
- Excellent communication and influencing skills, with fluency in Dutch and English
- Personal skills: analytical, responsible, proactive, collaborative, results oriented, structured approach, takes decisions and pragmatic attitude.
If you are interested in this position, please contact Hans Hilbrands, telephone: +31 (0)317-468686 / +31 (0)6-51025152 or apply through our website www.dupp.nl or e-mail your written application to email@example.com
McCain Foods selected DUPP – Food Executive Search for this vacancy as the only partner in the recruitment process.