Volac International Limited ( www.volac.com ) is a £250 million family run and owned dairy nutrition business, based in Orwell, UK (near Cambridge). As pioneers in the manufacture of whey proteins and derivatives from fresh whey, Volac constantly seek to support the health of people through nutrition by unlocking the vast potential of whey and has unrivalled experience in the production of nutritionally rich dairy ingredients for the world’s leading food manufacturers. Volac pride themselves on their technical leadership and invest in strategic relationships with both customers, suppliers and academia whilst maintaining focus on the development of their sustainability strategy. In the position of Commercial Manager, you will be a member of the Commercial Leadership Team of the Whey Nutrition division with significant impact on the business. There is a healthy balance in this standalone position between building and maintaining the sales activities. Volac is a sizable company but managed to maintain their entrepreneurial spirit. This provides the room for initiative and makes all employees feel responsible for growing the business together.
That unlocks potential by connecting with new and existing clients
- Responsible for the sales performance by developing and owning the strategy and annual business plans for Lactose & Permeate in line with the Whey Nutrition strategy
- Formulate and implementing sales plans and activities in the designated areas
- Maintainand further developing long term partnerships with customers
- Create new business opportunities by listening to customer needs and visiting fairs and potential new customers in order to acquire new business
- Ensure that customer requirements are effectively and efficiently met in full and liaising closely with the technical and customer care teams and the production facilities
- Provide sales reports and relevant market information on a regular basis
- Work closely together with other colleagues at Volac in Orwell and Felinfach
- Report to the Director Whey Nutrition.
- Bachelor’s or Master’s degree in business, economics or similar, or (food) science complemented
- with a business degree
- Relevant sales experience in the B2B food industry, preferably with dairy ingredients
- Knowledge of the European food industry and relevant products and applications
- Home-based, preferably in the Netherlands, with regular travelling to clients and the office in the UK
- Excellent communication skills, fluency in English, and preferably proficiency in another European language
- Personal skills: proactive, client and results-oriented, convincing, problem-solving, self-motivated, networker, well-organized and team player.