NIC Group is a group of companies with a wide and varied range of (soft) ice cream ingredients and related products for the European market. It started in 2005 when three Scandinavian companies decided to jointly make high-quality ice cream-related products. Together, Nimatopal, Idun and Candeco became NIC, creating an even stronger product range. NIC now consists of four regional business clusters with 20 branches in Scandinavia, the UK, Germany, Switzerland and the Benelux. Since 2016, the NIC Group is part of the Norwegian food group Orkla (21,000 employees) and is organisationally part of Orkla Food Ingredients (4,000 employees) and within this business area part of Orkla Sweet Ingredients (1,100 employees). In its management from Orkla, a multi-local business model is applied, with a lot of space and own responsibility for the local organisations. NIC Benelux is formed by four companies: Laan Heiloo, Win Equipment in Bunschoten, NIC Netherlands in Waddinxveen and Hadecoup in Herk-de-Stad (Belgium). Through acquisitions and organic growth, NIC Benelux’s turnover has increased significantly in recent years and it employs a total of 75 people. The culture of the NIC Benelux companies can be described as customer focused, passionate and team spirit, aiming at ‘delivering delights together’. To succeed the current CEO of NIC Benelux, we are searching for a commercially driven CEO.
Leading NIC Benelux to the next stage
- Responsible for managing and growing NIC Benelux, further developing the organisation and achieving the targeted financial results
- Managing the four NIC Benelux companies with a strong focus on commerce and operations
- Delving into all business processes, company cultures and employees in order to get a good overview of the total organisation
- Drawing up long-term plans in which objectives, responsibilities and budgets are defined and then converting these plans into actions and results
- Continuously developing commercial plans, focusing on added value for customers, taking advantage of market opportunities in order to further shape own market positioning
- Monitoring market developments and strategies of competitors/industry peers, responding to these and translating them into commercial actions and projects where relevant
- Realising improvements, focusing on innovations, keeping quality and efficient business processes at the centre and further developing the organisation and employees
- Regularly coordinating and cooperating with the managements of the other regional business clusters on both strategic choices and practical matters
- Representing NIC Benelux to various external organisations
- Reporting to the NIC Group CEO.
- BSc/MSc degree, preferably in Commerce, Business Administration or similar
- Relevant senior management/executive experience in the food sector with P&L responsibility and a track record in commercial leadership positions, preferably in foodservice / b-to-b markets
- Has solid financial/economic knowledge and a good understanding of the total business chain from raw material to consumer
- Has natural superiority and leadership qualities, and knows how to take well-considered decisions and to be responsible for final results
- Is entrepreneurial and able to develop a vision and plan for the future, involving all stakeholders
- People manager who can empathise with the company culture, inspire the organisation and gain the trust of the Orkla Food Ingredients board, management and employees
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills, in both Dutch and English
- Personal characteristics: overview, analytical, performance- and result-oriented, persuasiveness, team player, hands on and pragmatic.